Little Princess Trust News
Stars of silver screen and sport support Little Princess Trust during lockdown
Celebrities share their bad hair day pictures and disastrous home haircuts to promote The Little Princess Trust!
One of the country's most famous acting couples has stepped forward to highlight the work of The Little Princess Trust.
Stars of stage and screen Jim Carter and Imelda Staunton are supporting our mission to provide wigs to children and young people who have lost their own hair through cancer treatment and other conditions.
Cancer knows no boundaries and while the rest of the world has ground to a halt because of Covid-19, the condition and its tragic consequences have not.
We are still receiving as many requests for wigs as we have ever done before and Jim and Imelda are helping raise awareness of our charity by turning a bad hair day into a good one!
They are among a number of celebrities who are sharing photos online of their bad hair days and home haircuts to highlight The Little Princess Trust's continued need for donations to support our wig provision service:
- England cricketer Chris Woakes took the scissors to his wife's hair on Instagram
- Ex-cricketer Rob Key revealed a rather dodgy buzz cut on Twitter!
- Charles Dagnall (Test Match special commentator) pays a visit to his backyard barber and posts on Twitter
- Peter Scudamore (champion jockey) has succumbed to an at-home haircut courtesy of his partner, Lucinda Russell
- A very brave Ed Smith (England cricket selector) let his young son have the honours of sorting out his barnet on Instagram
- Journalist Quentin Letts has succumbed to the kitchen scissors...
- Ex-England cricketer and ECB selector James Taylor joins our celebrity barbershop with a picture posted on Twitter of a worrying large pair of scissors heading towards his wife's lovely long locks...
The present circumstances mean we cannot currently accept hair donations but we are encouraging our amazing supporters to Let It Grow - which will result in even longer hair donations after lockdown - and to keep fundraising for us so we can continue providing young people with our real hair wigs at such a difficult time in their lives.
One such way that is proving popular is for people to donate to us the cost of any haircuts they would have had - but have missed due to the enforced closure of their salon or barbershop. This can be done by texting the word HAIRCUT2LPT followed by the amount you wish to donate, to 70085. Your donation must be a whole number between £1 and £20. Texts are charged at your standard message rate. So, HAIRCUT2LPT10 texted to 70085 will cost £10 (for LPT) pus your standard text message rate.
* A huge thank you from everyone at LPT to our amazing Trustee, Tim Lowe, and awesome Ambassador Rebecca Smith for their invaluable help with this campaign.
We are incredibly grateful to Jim and Imelda, Chris Woakes, Rob Key, Charles Dagnall, Peter Scudamore, Ed Smith, James Taylor and Quentin Letts for their support in helping us to spread our message.