Little Princess Trust News
New campaign praises our Hairdessing Hairoes
Hair professionals are invited to join 'Hair For Each Other' campaign
Every year The Little Princess Trust provides more than 2,000 wigs to young people with hair loss while also funding childhood cancer research.
We are fully aware that we can only help so many inspirational children thanks to some truly amazing groups of people.
Among them are the many wonderful hair professionals and we are so grateful to receive help from such a diverse range of hairdressers, stylists and barbers.
Some work for world-famous names such as Wella while others are busy cutting hair in small independent salons in towns and villages across the country.
But no matter the size of the salon, they all share one thing in common – a selfless desire to help The Little Princess Trust support children and young people.
Over the next few months, we will be running a campaign to shout about these amazing people from the hair industry - and to also invite others to join the LPT family.
Hair For Each Other is a campaign that will shine a much-deserved light on those unsung heroes who play a crucial part in helping us provide our free wig provision service - and also highlight the best ways for hair professionals to support us.
Celebrity hairdresser and LPT Ambassador Andrew Barton said bringing The Little Princess Trust and the talented and generous people working in the hair industry together in a single campaign was "the perfect fit".
Phil Brace, from The Little Princess Trust, added: “We have always received a huge amount of support from hair professionals and, as a charity that provides wigs to young people, this means an awful lot to us all.
“Through our Hair For Each Other campaign, we will show just how grateful we are for this support while encouraging new salons and hair stylists to come and join us.”
How you can get involved
If you work in the hair industry, supporting The Little Princess Trust is easy, great fun and very rewarding. There are lots of ways you can help us. So why not:
- Order a free salon pack which comes complete with all the information you need to become an official Hairdressing Hairo salon supporter.
- Read the donate hair page of our website so you know the best way to cut hair for us to use in our wigs.
- Display the posters, window stickers and mirror clings (included in the free salon pack) to promote our work to your clients and customers.
- Get your business listed on our website by offering free haircuts to anyone donating more than 12 inches of hair.
- Fundraise for us by hosting a Funky Hair Funday or holding a cake and coffee morning in your salon.
- Encourage anyone donating their hair to get their big cut sponsored by friends and family to help us turn their long locks into a beautiful wig. Showing them how to get a free fundraising pack is one easy way.
- Tag us in on social posts to let us know of your support. Use @officiallittleprincesstrust for Facebook and Instagram, @LPTrustUK for X and @littleprincesstrust for TikTok!
Throughout the next few months, you will see lots of activity on our social media pages as we celebrate the many hair professionals who do so much to help us give Hair and Hope to children and young people with cancer.
Thank you for being a Hairdressing Hairo!