Little Princess Trust News
6 Ways You Can Help LPT During Lockdown!
We may not be able to accept hair donations right now, but there are lots of ways you can support our charity!
We may not physically be able to receive your hair donations right now, but we need your help more than ever!
Did you know that even during the Covid-19 crisis, cancer is still the biggest cause of death by disease in children aged between 1 and 24?
Your fundraising money helps us to provide beautiful, real hair wigs to children and young people who have lost their own hair as a result of cancer treatment, as well as enabling us to fund vital research which leads to kinder and more effective treatments for childhood cancers. And your hair donations - when we can accept them again - help us make our beautiful, real-hair wigs.
Cancer does not stop during the Covid-19 crisis. We are still providing our wigs and with your help, we can create better outcomes for the children and young people who are fighting this disease.
Here's what you can do for LPT during lockdown!
- Saved a few quid by NOT going to the hairdressers?! Text the word HAIRCUT2LPT followed by the amount you wish to donate, to 70085. Your donation must be a whole number between £1 and £20. Texts are charged at your standard message rate. So, HAIRCUT2LPT10 texted to 70085 will cost £10 (for LPT) pus your standard text message rate.
- #LetItGrow! Join thousands of LPT supporters who are letting their locks down for lockdown! Let your hair grow for as long as possible - that way, after lockdown, you'll be able to send us a super-long hair donation which we so desperately need to make our most popular, long wigs. Share your pics on social media using #LetItGrow
- Set up a fundraising page and aim to raise £550 - this will cover the cost of making and fitting one wig. We can also use your fundraising money to fund our vital childhood cancer research projects. Get sponsored for taking part in the #LetItGrow challenge, run a marathon in your back garden like LPT Scissorman, or write a blog post every day until the end of lockdown - but most importantly - let us know what you're doing and send us your fundraising links so we can shout about it from the rooftops!
Turn your Bad Hair Day into a GREAT one! Join the many famous faces who are helping to raise awareness for The Little Princess Trust by posting photos of their home-haircuts and bad hair days on social media. Share this text on your post:
Saved a few quid on not going to the hairdressers/barber? Text HAIRCUT2LPT followed by your donation amount to 70085 to help (**insert @LPTrustUK for Twitter and @officiallittleprincesstrust for Facebook and Instagram) provide wigs for children and young people during lockdown #HairAndHope
- Facebook Fundraisers - it's super easy to launch a Facebook Fundraiser; you can either create a fundraiser to support a challenge that you are taking part in or, if you have a birthday around the corner, you can ask people to make donations to our charity, instead of sending you gifts. Hopefully, they'll think you deserve both!
- Buy LPT Merch! We now have an online shop, full of awesome LPT merchandise! So if it's a cute tote you're after, or you want to look hot (or cool?) at the gym, then visit our online shop and get shopping! By proudly wearing or carrying LPT-branded items, you're not only raising money for us; you're also helping to raise awareness of our charity.
Well, that lot should keep you busy! Whatever you decide to do, please tell us about it - we love to thank our supporters for their amazing work. And if you are taking part in the #LetItGrow challenge, or you are raising money for us/holding on to a hair donation, we'd love to send you an LPT T-shirt and/or a 'I'm growing my hair for LPT badge.' Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org ????