How we will keep your personal information safe.
The Little Princess Trust (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read this document carefully so you can understand exactly how we use and protect your personal information.
The Little Princess Trust is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 as a Data Controller under number ICO: 00044761432. We are a charity registered in England whose charity registration number is 1176160 and our address is Broadway House, 32-35 Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9AR.
What information do we collect?
Personal information is information about yourself that we need to be able to identify you. This information includes your name, your address and your age and sometimes your telephone number and/or email address, photograph, bank account details or credit/debit card details.
We may also collect information about your visits to our website, for example how you accessed our website, where you accessed our website from and what you searched for on our website.
For more information about the more technical information we may collect, such as the IP address (the location of the computer on the Internet) and cookies, please see our Cookies Policy page.
Make sure the information you give us is up-to-date
If any of the personal information you have given us changes, please let us know by contacting us on 01432 352 359 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at our address: Broadway House, 32-35 Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9AR.
We may also contact you from time-to-time to check that the information we have about you is correct.
How we collect your personal information
We will collect your personal information when you telephone, email or write to us. We will also collect your personal information if you place an order, enter a competition, make a donation, report a problem with our website, participate in social media functions on our website or subscribe to our service.
Why we collect your personal information
We use this information to:
- Provide you with products/services you have requested from us;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the best way for you and your computer;
- To help us with our work and activities so that we can make sure any advertising we send to you is relevant, if you have agreed to us sending you this;
- For our own administrative operations, for example, for research and statistics;
- To provide you with information about the goods and services we offer, if you have agreed to receive this information.
When your personal information might be shared with other people and why
- We may have to share your personal information with other businesses and/or suppliers in order to provide you with products you have ordered.
- Where you have given us permission to contact you, we may pass on your information to external service providers to contact you on our behalf.
- We may need to share your personal information with our search engine providers so they can assist with the improvement of our website.
- If another party wants to invest in us or we are taken over by another party, we may need to share your personal information with them.
- We may need to share your personal information for legal reasons.
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored, at a location outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. These staff may be involved in, among other things, the processing of your payment details, the provision of support services and the fulfilment of your order.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
In cases when we use external websites provided by other organisations such as Twitter, YouTube or Facebook, then we would ask you to consult their privacy policies.
How long we will keep your personal information
We will retain personal data in accordance with our data retention policy. We review our data retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
If at any point you want us to stop all communications with you, or you want us to destroy our records of your personal information, please contact us on 01432 352 359 or email email@example.com or you can write to us at our address: Broadway House, 32-35 Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9AR.
We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfill statutory obligations, for example the collection of Gift Aid or to support certain financial transactions.
The rights you have under data protection law are:
- The right to access your personal information;
- The right to amend your personal information;
- The right to instruct us to delete your personal information;
- The right to restrict how we use your personal information;
- The right to object to us using your personal information;
- The right to use the personal information we hold to transfer this to other services;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority if you think we are not using your personal information correctly; and
- The right to withdraw consent for us to use your personal data.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information by contacting us on 01432 352 359 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at our address: Broadway House, 32-35 Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9AR.
We will always ask for your permission to use your personal information for marketing purposes or prior to sharing this information with a third party for such purposes. You will be asked to tick certain boxes on the forms we use in order to opt in to us retaining your personal information and permit us to use your personal information in this way.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow one of these links, please note that these websites will have their own Privacy Policies and that you will need to read these. Please make sure you read these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please let us know by contacting us on 01432 352 359 or by sending an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at our address: Broadway House, 32-35 Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9AR.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you believe your personal information has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR. You can do so by calling the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 or via their website https://ico.org.uk/.